Are you a private instrumental tutor?
Do you already, or would you like to, work in Luton schools?
Would you like additional benefits for you and your pupils?
Then become a Hub Accredited Tutor (HAT)!
It’s free to become a Hub Accredited Tutor, and you’ll receive the following benefits:
- inclusion on our annual register of HATs which is promoted to participating schools
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- annual lesson observations
- support to ensure your safeguarding policy and practice meets requirements
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities through Luton Music Service including INSET days
- opportunity to give your feedback and views through a HAT representative on the Mix Executive
For your pupils:
- low cost instrument hire (same rate as pupils of LMS contracted teachers)
- low cost music centre and group membership (same rate as pupils of LMS contracted teachers)
- LMS and Mix performance opportunities
A one hour lesson observation will take place annually. The criteria for judgement will be published in the Mix framework for standards and quality. The lesson/s will be expected to be judged as ‘good’ or better. If the lesson/s are judged to be ‘in need of improvement’ or ‘inadequate’ an improvement plan will be agreed and a further observation arranged after 6 weeks. If, following an improvement plan lasting no longer than three half terms, the teaching is still not judged to be ‘good’ or better, the HAT’s details will be removed from the register. The implementation of the Mix framework for quality and standards resides with the Mix Board.
There is a limited stock of instruments available for hire by pupils undertaking individual and paired lessons. The termly hire charge will be the same as the LMS published rates for LMS pupils. Instruments will have to be insured by the hirer. Arrangements to collect instruments must be arranged with LMS in advance. Instrument hire does not include replacement reeds, replacement saxophone slings or other similar accessories. These can be purchased from LMS or privately.
Repairs to damage resulting from ‘fair wear and tear’ will be undertaken by LMS.
Pupils who are looked after (LAC) or in receipt of Free School Meals will have their fee waived on receipt of documentary evidence.